These past few weeks have been challenging and we’ve been inspired seeing all of the creativity of people online! So many fan-made versions of attractions and more, creating magical moments right at home! Being BIG fans of the Disney Parks snacks, and anxiously awaiting a return to the parks, we wanted to share this Disney Churro Bites recipe so you can continue creating #DisneyMagicMoments.
While the parks are temporarily closed, you can still enjoy a delicious Disney churro! How? Because now you can make them yourself at home! This recipe is inspired by the delicious snack that can be found at all of our parks across the globe. The recipe serves four people and is a perfect snack to enjoy while enjoying some of the other fun stories we’ve shared at Heyday Travel News #Disney Magic Moments.
Disney Parks Churro Bites
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy this little taste of Disney magic. Keep checking out Heyday Travel News for these special Disney Magic Moments blogs. In these difficult times, when we’re all looking forward, we want you to remember, “There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away.”
Happy snacking, Disney fans!
Ready to go? Let Us Help YOU!
Heyday Travel Company can plan a Disney vacation that’s perfect for you. We are a free Disney travel planner with expert knowledge of the entire Disney catalog and Universal Parks destinations. No matter where you want to go, our experienced team is excited to help you make it happen. We provide our service at no charge, so you’ll only have to pay for the vacation itself. If you want help planning a Disney Destination trip that’ll make your dreams come true while also fitting your budget, let’s talk!