Welcome Back! Here’s What You Need to Know About the Phased Reopening of Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort
Wednesday, May 20, will be a great first step in the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort, as Disney Springs begins its initial reopening that morning. With the safety and well-being of guests, cast members, and third-party operating participants at the forefront of the planning, we are excited to be welcomed back to this part of Walt Disney World. Although the theme parks and resort hotels remain temporarily closed, the phased reopening of Disney Springs is a welcome milestone as we navigate through this unprecedented time together as responsibly as we can.
Wednesday, many third-party operating participants will open their doors to Disney Springs guests. On May 27, three Disney-owned and -operated stores and venues will reopen World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op. You can visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most current information on which locations are open.
(Updated Wednesday, May 20th with open locations and links below)
The following locations will open on May 20. Hours of operation vary. Please contact the store or restaurant directly for hours of operation.
4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck
The Art Corner by Artistic Talent Group
Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza
Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers
Earl of Sandwich®
Edward Beiner Purveyor of Fine Eyewear
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company®
Luxury of Time by Diamonds International
Paradiso 37 Entertainment
The Polite Pig
Ron Jon Surf Shop®
Royally Yours by Arribas Brothers
Savannah Bee Company
Sosa Family Cigars
Sugarboo & Co.
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs Marketplace
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs West Side
Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
Wine Bar George – A Restaurant & Bar
Based on applicable government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes are being implemented. Rest assured, there is plenty of magic awaiting you at Disney Springs – it just may feel a bit different than before.
Here is a list of measures from Disney that you’ll need to know prior to arrival:
- Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. We will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.
- Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
- Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. I encourage you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
- Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, we will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. We will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Cleanliness: We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. We will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
- Cashless Transactions: We’re recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
Cast members are going through extensive new training as we all learn to adjust to these changing times together. To that end, we will have some cast members walking throughout Disney Springs to explain our new procedures and answer any questions you may have. They will also encourage everyone to follow these measures for the health and safety of us all.
Everything we’re doing during this unprecedented time is in service of our guests, our cast members and our third-party operating participants, who will also be following these new guidelines in their locations. We are constantly monitoring conditions and best practices, and we continue to learn every day from health and government authorities. As a result, our operational changes and safety measures may change from time to time as circumstances evolve. We want to deliver all the Disney magic you know and love with safety, as always, our top priority.
I understand this is a great deal of change to absorb, and I speak for all of us at Walt Disney World in thanking you for your cooperation and patience during this initial phase. Today’s world is different, and it’s going to require a shared responsibility, with everyone doing their part.
As a reminder, please visit DisneySprings.com/reopening for the most up-to-date information on available shopping and dining locations, operating hours, new safety procedures, and more.
We’re excited to return!
Are you excited about Disney Springs reopening? We’re absolutely ready to head back and look forward to the parks and resorts reopening as soon as they’re safely able to do so!
Keep checking out Heyday Travel News for these special Disney Magic Moments blogs. In these difficult times, when we’re all looking forward, we want you to remember, “There’s a great, big, beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away.”
Ready to go? Let Us Help YOU!
Heyday Travel Company can plan a Disney vacation that’s perfect for you. We are a free Disney travel planner with expert knowledge of the entire Disney catalog and Universal Parks destinations. No matter where you want to go, our experienced team is excited to help you make it happen. We provide our service at no charge, so you’ll only have to pay for the vacation itself. If you want help planning a Disney Destination trip that’ll make your dreams come true while also fitting your budget, let’s talk!